Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Thank you, Brenda


ODC Dance staged a rare preview of a new composition by Brenda Way at the ODC Theater: Unintended Consequences: A Meditation. The Company doesn't often perform in this intimate space, and the evening was a treat for the 200+ in attendance. They were mostly long-time ODC Dance supporters and board members.

I naturally took the opportunity to show up and crash their wine reception because my show is in their lobby. It was exciting to "be with the work" amongst hundreds of people who weren't otherwise familiar with me or my show. And I must say, the results were wonderful. People were really touched by the stories and the photographs. I overheard numerous conversations of a complimentary nature, and saw a lot of people pointing to their forearms in a gesture which clearly indicated there were goosebumps involved.

I brought out my fisheye lens to see if I could get a single photograph of the entire installation, and I finally succeeded, even though if you look closely you can see my tripod legs in the bottom of the frame. :-)

The dance performance was awesome, and I posted a photo gallery of a few of my favorite photographs from the evening.

No comments: